COMP CARE is an around the clock Nurse Triage Service offered by Metropolitan Risk
Almost 100% of job site, work site injuries result in the filing of a NY workers compensation insurance claim. Nearly all of work site injuries result in a workers compensation filing.
With the assistance of COMP Care, our 24/7 nurse triage claim system, we can accomplish the following for your organization:
- Provide expert attention 24/7 from medical professionals toll free
- Injuries receive appropriate directed treatment right away. Injuries receive appropriate and immediate treatment
- Unnecessary Emergency Room visits can be avoided
- Employee’s are guided to the employer’s IN-Network Care providers saving over 30% off the cost of medical treatment right off the top, saving your company money. Employees receive the employers "in-network care" providers that allows for savings of over 30% from the cost of medical treatment
- Translators are used when needed. Translators are available when needed
- Supervisors / Project Managers are freed from making medical decisions. Frees Supervisors/Project Managers from the responsibility of making medical decisions and uninterrupted time on the job them
- Employers, Employer’s Comp Broker, Comp Carrier all receive notice within minutes. COMP CALL files the C-2 electronically to all listed parties with a click of a button saving your company administration costs. Employers as well as the COMP Care broker are notified immediately COMP CALL files are filed electronically saving employers time on administration costs
- Calls are recorded and saved for case documentation, quality assurance, fraud deterrence & defense. Calls are recorded for quality assurance, fraud deference & defense.
- Incidents and Injury Data is available on a secure web site within our Claims WIZARD. All are available on a secure site within our Claims Wizard
Our COMP CARE call center is staffed by registered nurses specifically trained in workplace injury triage. They use proprietary triage algorithms developed by a team of doctors and nurses experienced in occupational health and emergency medicine. The operation is overseen by a full time physician who is board certified in emergency and internal medicine.